Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Prayers for 2010

For many, New Year's Day is a time of serious reflection. It's a time to reflect on the past year. It's also a time to reflect on the year ahead--on where we are now and where we want to go. On this New Year's Day 2010, I got out my Bible and thought I would just look up verses that mention the word "new." As I read these verses, I also wrote down some prayers. Here are a few of them. Pray them for yourself if you feel so inclined. And Happy New Year!

LAMENTATIONS 3:22-24
22The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
23they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him."

PRAYER--
"God, Your mercies, love, and faithfulness are without boundaries. Your mercies are new every morning AND every year! Therefore, Lord, I hope in You alone in 2010."


2 CORINTHIANS 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

PRAYER--
"God, You are all about changing lives and giving people new purpose and new life. Thank you for giving me a new life even though I lived a rebellious old life. In 2010, don't let me get over the simple fact that You changed me 4-ever!"


GALATIANS 6:15
Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything;
what counts is a new creation.

PRAYER--
"At the end of the day, year, and life, nothing matters more than being a new creature who is totally surrendered to Christ and unimpressed with the world. Lord, in 2010, I just want to be attracted to You and Your cross and not distracted by the temporary, futile things of the world."


2 PETER 3:13
But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

PRAYER--
"God, You promise us that history will come to an end when Jesus returns, and the world will be renewed to its original glory. I look forward to what You have planned for me in 2010, but I'm more eager to have unbroken and perfect fellowship with You and all Your children in the new world.
Until then, let my hope in that promise of eternal life be the means by which I persevere in this life."

No comments: